UC-03 Apprentice Plumbing and Heating Buyer at D T Oracz Limited based in Blackburn
- Job Description
Construction buyers are responsible for ensuring that materials required for plumbing & heating projects are provided to schedule and according to projected budgets. They have a vital part to play in helping ensure the profitability of contracts as they are responsible for ensuring that the most cost‐effective & appropriate materials are purchased.
The company works in New Build as a contractor, private domestic installations, Commercial installations and in the domestic spares and maintenance areas of Plumbing & Heating so your scope of work is varied within the Plumbing & Heating sector.
Typical work activities include:
- Reading a drawing and corresponding specification to compile an accurate and comprehensive list of P&H materials required for the project.
- Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings;
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products;
- Contacting a range of suppliers and sub‐contractors to obtain quotations and agree delivery times;
- Keeping detailed records and maintaining a well‐organised work schedule;
- Assessing the reliability of suppliers;
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials;
- Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services;
- Providing advice to the project estimator on the predicted cost of individual items;
- Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided;
- Checking invoices against quoted prices to ensure we are keeping in budgets and not being over charged.
- Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured.
- Person Specification
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES OF A P & H BUYER:
Excellent, communication skills
An aptitude for figures and the ability to manage a budget
An analytical mind
IT skills - Should be comfortable/competent in using Excel for spreadsheets and calculations.
The ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time to meet deadlines
Be able to work under pressure.
You should be:
Able to build good relationships with all kinds of people
Willing to make decisions and take responsibility for them
GCSE passes in Maths, English, and IT.
Well organised, self‐reliant and motivated Career Progression Buyers can progress to senior and managerial posts.
Things to consider
Working hours are Monday- Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm (occasional Saturday’s or late working when required).
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers’ discretion and is subject to change. If this vacancy has been filled we will endeavour to support you in finding alternative vacancies.
- Other Information
Apprenticeship; Advanced Apprenticeship or Higher Apprenticeship
Training to be Provided
Higher Apprenticeship Level 4 Procurement & Supply
- How To Apply
- Apply for this vacancy now!