Information For Parents
Why Choose Blackburn College?
Blackburn College has a rich history in providing learners with Apprenticeships to give them their first step into an exciting career.
Not only do we offer the professional standard you can expect from a training provider, but we also offer the student benefits and support you would expect from a College.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are work based programmes that enable young people and adults to gain knowledge, skills and behaviours and nationally recognised qualifications though a mix of training, delivered at college and in the workplace.
Discover Blackburn College
Discover where Blackburn College can take you at one of our events. A perfect opportunity to find out what studying with us is really like. Speak to tutors, see what support's available and explore our state-of-the-art facilities. Book your place at one of our events.
Where can I get more information about Apprenticeships?
Or contact the Apprenticeship Team on 01254 292500 or Apprenticeships@blackburn.ac.uk
What are the benefits of an Apprenticeship?
- An Apprentice is paid whilst training and gaining qualifications.
- Apprenticeship are a practical and job related form of learning.
- Apprentices often secure permanent employment with the trainee organisation and can progress within the business.
Specific advice and guidance before applying
Our dedicated Apprenticeship Team can offer advice and guidance for learners who have specific queries or just want to talk through their career aspirations. We will ensure we put them on the right path to a successful career.
The can be contacted on 01254 292500 or Apprenticeships@blackburn.ac.uk
The application process
Once we receive their application we will invite them in for an Initial Assessment.
We offer Initial Assessments to all Apprentice applicants to assess their current level of English, Maths and IT and to ensure we offer the most relevant level of Apprenticeship for their ability thus enabling them to be successful in their chosen career.
We will answer any questions they may have and search current employer vacancies we have. We will send their CV to employers so they can shortlist applicants and arrange interviews.
We offer the following Apprenticeship Levels
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Higher Level Apprenticeships (Level 4 or above)
Apprenticeship study programme
As part of their study programme they will take part in:
- Tutorial & Study Skills
- English, Maths & ICT
- Enrichment & Activities
- Safeguarding and Prevent Training
They will receive support at every stage of their training.
Once they have finished their programme
Blackburn College ensures all apprentices achieve their full potential, we therefore support those who opt to continue training at a higher level.
Here are some statistics highlighting the benefits of apprenticeships:
- 96% of employers with apprentices have experienced at least one benefit from taking on apprentices, and most can count at least 8 benefits.
- 86% of employers said that apprentices helped to develop relevant skills for the organisation, and to fill the skills gap.
- 78% of employers say Apprentices become highly skilled even before they finish their training.
- 65% of apprentices stay working for the company that trained them when they complete their apprenticeship.
Source © National Apprenticeship Service 2018 - Achieving the benefits of apprenticeships
Have any questions? Don't hesitate to call 01254 292500 or Apprenticeships@blackburn.ac.uk
Apprenticeships News & Student Stories
Kieran Achieves His Ambition After Successful Blac...
University Centre at Blackburn College graduate Ki...
Blackburn College named Pennine Lancashire’s Best ...
Latest data reveals Blackburn College is the best ...
Salon Success for Former Blackburn College Hairdre...
Former Blackburn College Hairdressing Apprentice T...
Distinction Double for College’s First Customer Se...
Blackburn College’s first ever Customer Service Le...
Student Shinead Secures Work Through Apprenticeshi...
Student Shinead Round secured a permanent, full-ti...
Students – Welcome Back After Easter Checklist!
Welcome back to the new term! We hope you enjoyed ...
From Blackburn College Apprentice to Business and ...
Former Blackburn College student Elliot Caffrey ha...