Traineeships are designed to help young people aged 16 to 24 who don’t yet have the appropriate work skills or experience. Traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, English, maths and work experience needed to secure an Apprenticeship or employment.
Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the right knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace.
We offer Traineeships in the following areas:
- Business, Law and Accounting
- Catering and Hospitality
- Computing and IT
- Construction and Engineering
- Creative Arts
- Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Health and Social Care
- Motor Vehicle
Traineeships offer the following benefits:
- Work preparation training will put you in a better position to compete for an apprenticeship or other job
- Maths and English support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed to boost your chances of getting a job.
- The opportunity to build your CV and get vital experience with local and national employers, where you are able to learn about the business and the industry it operates in
- Employers are at the centre of the work preparation training which ensures you are ‘work ready’ and have the confidence to take the first step to securing a job and starting your career
At the end of your work experience placement you’ll get a job interview with the company if a role becomes available or a reference, and support from an employment co-ordinator to find alternative work.
If you are interested in a Health and Social Care Traineeship, click here for more information.
For all other Traineeships, please contact Wendy Wyke on 01254 292382 to discuss the opportunities that are available to you.
Apprenticeships Recent News & Student Stories
Christian Wilson - Car and Motor Vehicle Auto Electrical Mechanic Apprenticeship Level 2
Car and Motor Vehicle Auto Electrical Mechanic App...
Bethany Hinton - Business and Administration Apprenticeship (Level 2 Intermediate)
Since completing my Apprenticeship, I continue to ...
Ebony Bell - The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship - BA (Hons) Business Management with Leadership
I fully intend on working my way up the career lad...
Benjamin Riley - Business and Administration Apprenticeship (Level 2 Intermediate)
The assessor at Blackburn College has been great a...
Jonathan secures Apprenticeship via Moving on Project
I really enjoyed my work placement with Bowker and...
Lewis Parkinson - Level 3 Apprenticeship in Design
Lewis Parkinson talks about studying Level 3 Appre...