Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Preparation
- Course Code: BC524
- Duration: 9 weeks x 2 hours
- Price: £245.00
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
To start studying CCNA Routing and Switching you will need to be a confident computer user and have a reasonable understanding of computer communications. This course can be used as a progression from CompTIA A+.
Prerequisites: A good understanding of computer hardware is essential. It is desirable that you also have a good working knowledge of PC based local area networks.
- What will I study?
You will study the CISCO Networking Academy CCNA on-line curriculum and develop practical skills through lab exercises and design tasks. The course content is as follows:
- Introduction to Networks - You will learn about networking technologies and standards, in particular LAN design, installation and troubleshooting, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes and subnetting.
- Routing and Switching - Covers basic switch and router configuration, VLANs and Inter VLAN, routing and troubleshooting. Also Single area OSPF and Access Control Lists.
- Scaling Networks - Advanced router and switch configuration, LAN redundancy, EtherChannel, wireless networks, EIGRP and multi area OSPF
- Connecting Networks - Enterprise network standards and models, WAN technologies such as PPP, Frame Relay, DSL VPN and NAT configuring and troubleshooting.
- Security Fundamental - You will learn about skills needed for an IT security beginner for installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
- Entry Requirements
A good understanding of computer hardware is essential. It is desirable that you also have a good working knowledge of PC based local area networks.
- How will I be assessed?
With a blended delivery you will have 10 weeks x 3 hours per week in college giving you the opportunity to use our CISCO equipment and develop your practical skills. In addition to this, you will need to put aside 3 to 5 hours per week for self-study.
You will be assessed on a weekly basis by online exams and practical tests and given individual personalised feedback on your progress.
The examinations are delivered at different locations across the country.
- For more information