CISCO CCNA - Routing & Switching
- Course Code: BC524
- Duration: 9 weeks x 2 hours
- Price: £170.00
- Start Date: 10-Sep-18, 03-Dec-18, 25-Feb-19
- Days: MON
- Times: 13:00-16:00, 18:00-20:00, 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
To start studying CCNA Routing and Switching you will need to be a confident computer user and have a reasonable understanding of computer communications. This course can be used as a progression from CompTia A+.
The price of £170 is per semester (of which most people need 4). Please note that exams are undertaken at a test centre external to the college, these fees are not included in the price shown.
- What will I study?
Initially, you will enrol for one block of evening tuition. The total amount of time you need to qualify will be determined by your level of experience and how much self-study time you have. You will study the CISCO Networking Academy CCNA on-line curriculum and develop practical skills through lab exercises and design tasks. The course content is as follows:
- Introduction to Networks - You will learn about networking technologies and standards, in particular LAN design, installation and troubleshooting, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes and subnetting.
- Routing and Switching - Covers basic switch and router configuration, VLANs and Inter VLAN, routing and troubleshooting. Also Single area OSPF and Access Control Lists.
- Scaling Networks - Advanced router and switch configuration, LAN redundancy, EtherChannel, wireless networks, EIGRP and multi area OSPF
- Connecting Networks - Enterprise network standards and models, WAN technologies such as PPP, Frame Relay, DSL VPN and NAT configuring and troubleshooting.
With a blended delivery you will have nine 2 hour sessions (18 hours) in college giving you the opportunity to use our CISCO equipment and develop your practical skills. In addition to this, you will need to put aside 3 to 5 hours per week for self-study. The scheduling of the 9 taught sessions is dependent on the need of the group. The dates below do not necessary equate to one CCNA semester - you may need more or less time. You will be assessed on a weekly basis by online exams and practical tests and given individual personalised feedback on your progress. Once you have mastered the skills and knowledge required you can choose to take either one large exam (CCNA) at the end of all four semesters, or two smaller ones after semesters one and two (ICDN1), three and four (ICND2).
- Entry Requirements
A good understanding of computer hardware is essential. It is desirable that you also have a good working knowledge of PC based local area networks.
- How will I be assessed?
Examination at a local test centre. Prices for exams fluctuate but are usually between £150 - £200 per exam. Your tutor will be able to advise as to the best test cente for you.
- What can I do next?
- For more information