NVQ Certificate in Advice & Guidance Level 3
- Course Code: BC778
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £1300.00
- Start Date: Start Anytime
- Days: MON-FRI
- Times: -
- Validated by: Oxford, Cambridge & RSA.
- Delivery Type: PT
Who is the course for?
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills and competences of candidates in the workplace. The qualification is primarily aimed at practitioners who work directly with clients, disseminating information, advice and some level of guidance. Candidates will be working with information that is often interpreted by others, usually working within some clear guidelines.
How will the course be delivered?
This qualification is competence based, this means that it is linked to your ability to completely perform a range of tasks connected with your work. Assessments will be carried out on your daily activities using a range of planned assessment methods i.e. observation, discussion and questioning. All delivery is in the workplace.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
What is the structure of the NVQ? To achieve a full OCR Level 3 NVQ in Advice and Guidance, candidates must achieve six units made up of three mandatory units and three optional units, as follows:
- Establish communication with clients for advice and guidance
- Support clients to make use of the advice and guidance service
- Review own contribution to the service
- Develop interactions with advice & guidance clients Interact with clients using a range of media Assist advice and guidance clients to decide on a course of action
- Prepare clients through advice & guidance for the implementation of a course of action
- Assist clients through advice & guidance to review their achievement of a course of action Negotiate on behalf of advice & guidance clients
- Liaise with other services
- Enable advice & guidance clients to access referral opportunities
- Provide and maintain information materials for use in the service
- Facilitate learning in groups
- H&S Unit A - Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- WRV Unit W6 - Ensure your actions contribute to a positive and safe working environment
- L&D Unit L 11 - Enable learning through demonstrations and instruction
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
The course is suitable for candidates:
Whose work includes clear guidelines in the practice of advice and guidance Who are working in designated advice and/or guidance organisations
Whose role is to provide information that is often interpreted by others.
This course is also eligible for Advanced Learner Loan funding - £811. Contact us for more information and how to book.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- For more information