Asbestos Awareness Category A Training - E-learning
- Course Code: CAEL008
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
- Friday, 31 July 2020
Overview - Asbestos Awareness Category A Training
This course provides advanced knowledge about asbestos awareness for people working with and around asbestos.
Why take this Asbestos Awareness course?
This course provides advanced knowledge about asbestos awareness for people working with and around asbestos. There is an overview of what asbestos is, the history of asbestos use, the risks of exposure to asbestos, and the key legislation around the topic.
What Is Asbestos?
The word ‘asbestos’ actually refers to a group of six naturally occurring minerals, obtained through mining. These minerals are all fairly similar, being very fibrous and quite unlike other minerals found in the ground. Its appearance is generally similar to loft insulation, and other fuzzy materials, though it can be compressed into boards as we’ll discuss in the next section.
Approximately two to three hours to complete As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
This course is aimed at anyone working in a role that may see them involved with asbestos. Some of these job roles include joiners, roofers, architects, plumbers, caretakers, painters/decorators and people working in construction.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other professionals working with asbestos who may benefit from the information contained in the course.
- What will I study?
The content of this e-learning course includes:
- An introduction to asbestos awareness
- A history of asbestos and its early uses
- What is asbestos?
- Exposure to asbestos: the risks and adverse effects on health
- Typical uses of asbestos and ACMs (Asbestos Containing Materials)
- Legislation relating to asbestos
- Basic safety and emergency procedures if ACMs are disturbed
- Describe the properties of asbestos in terms of the risks to and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos and the increased risk to those who smoke
- Outline the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) can be typically found within buildings and in plant/equipment
- Describe the main reasons for the use of asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating board, asbestos cement and other ACMs
- Describe the risks of fibre release from ACMs
- Demonstrate an awareness of how you would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work
- State the procedures to follow if unintentional contact is made with ACMs and describe appropriate emergency procedures
- Outline legislation relating to asbestos, particularly with reference to regulations 4 and 5 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR)
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- How will I be assessed?
This course is accredited by CPD and the certificate, awarded upon successful completion, can be used the log your hours against.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost. If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of construction courses, click here for further information.
- For more information