E-Learning - Managing Attendance
- Course Code: CBEL006
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: £250.00
- Times: -
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is highly relevant for any Manager who has a role in managing attendance. Enrolling on this course helps meet health and safety obligations and supports attendance management plans. Previous knowledge of the subject is not required.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
This e-learning programme has one single aim - to help managers to feel confident in managing attendance. Effective absence management is about creating working environments where employees are less likely to wake up and think 'I don't feel like going in to work today'. A certain level of employee absence is an unavoidable feature of working life, but this does not mean that all absences should be regarded as inevitable and accepted passively. It is possible to reduce the amount of absence caused by aspects of work and also to tackle it by proactively managing attendance. These comprehensive modules focus on both prevention and rehabilitation.
The sections covered include:
- Introduction A brief introduction into best practice research and the course objectives
- Rights and responsibilities This employment module has nine activities including; employment law responsibilities, data analysis and protection, sick pay and medical certificates, disciplinary and dismissal, discrimination including disability, age discrimination, bullying.
- Health and wellbeing An interactive module that helps managers to understand the importance of wellbeing at work. The module educate managers how to manage pressure in themselves and others and details the legalities and implications of stress at work. The module also covers the management of musculoskeletal disorders (MSD) and absence.
- Return to work This module introduces the Bio-psychosocial model and its role in removing the obstacles that prevent or delay return to work. Managers are given checklists that support successful return and informed on the role of data and communication. Finally the module teaches managers how to carry out the return to work interviews/discussions using the GROW model. This module is supported by numerous video and audio cases
- Support services This module demonstrates the role of Occupational health, Human Resources and Employee Assistance Programmes. It helps managers to understand how to communicate with health professionals and clarifies understanding on medical ethics, confidentiality and compliance.
- Short and long term attendance This final module summaries the best practice guidelines in managing both short and long term absence.
How will the course be delivered?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 8-10 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
See our elearning courses here
- For more information