- Course Code: CBEL037
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: £60.00
Understanding how to identify the signs and symptoms of hate crime is a critical step in helping to stop it occurring.
It can be difficult for many people to identify what hate crime is and how to report it. This training course will give learners clarity and advice on this topic.
This course teaches learners how to identify what hate crime is, how to identify hate crime, incidents and how to report incidents.
Hate crime is a complex and challenging issue and can take many forms. A key aspect of this course is distinguishing what classes as hate crime and how the police and Crown Prosecution service monitor hate crime.
This course would be perfect for roles including:
- Teaching assistants
- Reception staff
- Healthcare workers
- Council Workers
- Care workers
- Support workers
- What will I study?
This Training course covers the following topics:
- The background to hate crimes, using real-life cases as illustration.
- Definitions of hate crimes and hate incidents.
- The categories of hate crimes which are monitored by the police and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
- How to report possible hate crimes or hate incidents.
- What happens after reporting a hate crime or an incident.
- Dealing with hate crime within organisations and groups.
- Measures that can be taken against hate crime, including early intervention, increased contact, and other forms of hate prevention.
- What you can do as an individual.
- How to increase resilience.
- Relevant government statistics.
The course also includes videos, interactive scenarios, and challenges to check the learners’ knowledge of the areas covered and help them to apply the learning to their working environment.
You will learn
- Recall the definition of a hate crime.
- Recall the definition of a hate incident.
- Explain why it is important to report hate incidents as well as hate crime.
- Explain the role of the bystander when witnessing hate crime.
- Identify at least five ways you can prevent hate crime.
- Entry Requirements
- For more information