E-Learning The Bribery Act 2010
- Course Code: CBEL041
- Duration: 1 day
- Price: £60.00
- Times: -
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
The UK Bribery Act 2010 came into force on 1st July 2011, making it a legal requirement for all businesses that operate within the UK to ensure adequate protection and training is in place against bribery and corruption in the workplace. Our Bribery Act e-learning module has been developed from the ground up with experts, to help you understand the corporate offence of failing to prevent bribery, and how to put procedures into place with staff relating to the new legislation, and by making use of online training, job disruption is minimised as the course can be completed around your staffs current workflow.
Target Audience - This module is targeted primarily at businesses and individuals who are self-employed; however, it will also be of use to anyone who would like to increase their awareness of this new legislation.
Benefits of e-learning in the workplace are:
- Cost Reductions e.g. travel fees
- Man hour reduction (training only takes as long as the learner needs)
- Self-printed certificate for evidence of course completion
- Staff can start training immediately
- Helping your business maintain a green status by reducing your carbon footprint
All of our e-learning based training can be paused by the user and picked up when they like, allowing freedom to complete the course in a time suitable to their workload. By allowing them to work at their own pace you can have peace of mind that everybody has received adequate information, without feeling the need to compete with their peers.
- What will I study?
Breach of the Bribery Act 2010 is enforceable by law and can carry a prison sentence of up to 10 years, and unlimited fines. This training has been designed to create awareness of how to recognise a bribe, what should be done in the event of bribery being discovered, and how to put procedures in place that show your company has taken adequate measure to prevent bribery in the workplace. We have also addressed the complicated high risk area of corporate hospitality.
Duration - Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
Lesson Plan - The subjects covered in this module include:
- An introduction to the Bribery Act 2010
- Risk assessment
- Due diligence, communication and training
- Liabilities and penalties
- Law enforcement
- Case Studies
Upon successfully completing this e-learning course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and scope of the Bribery Act 2010
- Be able to identify types of offences outlined in the act; namely offering and receiving a bribe, bribing a foreign public official and the corporate offence of failing to prevent bribery
- Understand the implications for the company and the individual
- Understand the consequences and penalties associated with breaching the Bribery Act
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
No formal assessment, just an understanding of the topic
- What can I do next?
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Certificate of Completion.
For further E-Learning courses, see here
- For more information