Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering (E-learning)
- Course Code: CHBEL004
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £50.00
- Validated by: Royal Society for Public Health
EU Regulation 852/2004 requires food businesses to ensure any staff who handles food are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene in a way that is appropriate for the work they do.
This is a self-study course (formerly known as Foundation or Basic Food Hygiene) and maps to the Industry Standards set by People 1st, the Sector Skills Council for the Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism industries.
It is aimed at anyone working in catering or hospitality whether employed or self employed, working in restaurants, hotels, fast food outlets, takeaways, cafes, bars, kitchens, catering in hospitals, schools and colleges.
- What will I study?
The content of this e-learning course includes:
- An introduction to food safety and hygiene
- The impact of food-bourne illness
- Understanding food law
- Food safety hazards and contamination
- Food preservation, storage and temperature control
- Personal hygiene
- Hygienic premises and equipment
- Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
By the end of the course learners will:
- Understand common food hygiene terminology
- Understand the impact of food-bourne illness
- Know about food law and legislation
- Know how contamination can be prevented and controlled
- Understand food storage and preservation
- Know the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean
- Understand HACCP principles
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
This course is accredited by City and Guilds and the certificate, awarded upon successful completion, includes an authorisation seal.
Approximately two to three hours to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of catering and hospitality courses, click here for further information.
- For more information