Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors (E-learning)
- Course Code: CHBEL005
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £160.00
- Times: 00:00-00:00
- Validated by: Royal Society for Public Health
- Delivery Type: PT
- Friday, 31 July 2020
The Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate is aimed at any business striving to achieve a 5* rating under the national hygiene rating system. Boost knowledge, confidence and understanding and receive a high quality certificate, accredited by City and Guilds, to demonstrate training has taken place.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to take responsibility for food monitoring procedures, will be able to identify food safety hazards and can contribute to improvements in food safety practices.
The course is suitable for all supervisors or small business owners working in the food industry and is the ideal progression for anyone who has completed a Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course, but is now taking on further responsibilities for food safety within a business - or for anyone who just wants to know more!
- What will I study?
The content of this e-learning course includes:
- The role of the supervisor and food business operator in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- The application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
- How to implement food safety management procedures
- The role of the supervisor in staff training and food safety management procedures
By the end of the course learners will:
- Understand their role in the supervision of food handlers when it comes to food safety and hygiene
- Be able to define food safety hazards, hygiene risks and understand how they may be prevented and controlled
- Recognise the importance of thorough preparation and cooking of food to eliminate dangerous viruses and bacteria
- Understand how to prevent food bourne illness, and the impact of this from a personal and a legal responsibility
- Know how to develop and maintain an effective HACCP system
- Know how to preserve food safely and hygienically
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean
- Know how to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- Know how to ensure that staff keep a good standard of personal hygiene
- Understand how to keep the workplace hygienic and safe for food preparation, cooking and storage
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
This course is accredited by City & Guilds. It is estimated that this course will take approximately eight hours to complete (depending on learning speed). The course is self-paced and progress is recorded throughout, so learners can complete the training in stages.
The course test consists of 45 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
- What can I do next?
- For more information