- Course Code: CHEL010
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date:
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This is a manual handling course that is applicable to anyone who may need to lift items as part of their duties. The information is applicable to any workplace environment.
- What will I study?
Back injury is the main reason for absence from the workplace and one third of all reported injuries that result in three days off work are caused by manual handling accidents.
Employers are required by law to take reasonable steps to safeguard the health and safety of all employees, one of which is increasing awareness about the hazards related to manual handling, and outlining what can be done to minimise risk.
This online Manual Handling module provides learners with the knowledge they need in order to reduce the chance of incurring an injury whilst manually handling loads in their work environment.
On completion of this module, you will understand:
- The reasons why you need to know how to move and handle objects correctly
- The key pieces of legislation that relate to manual handling; the responsibilities they place on you and your employer
- The basic theory of how your spine works, common injuries and how you can avoid them
- The key factors to take into account before undertaking the moving or lifting of a load
Lesson Plan includes:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- The Law
- The Spine
- Moving and Handling Objects Safely
- Entry Requirements
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of health & safety courses, click here for further information.
- For more information