- Course Code: CHEL017
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19, 01-Aug-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is targeted primarily at healthcare workers in NHS organisations, though the information is applicable to anyone working in the healthcare sector in general.
- What will I study?
Rising levels of health care associated infection (HCAI) have gained prominence in the media and in politics, leading to great public concern. All NHS organisations are required to put infection prevention and control at the heart of good management and clinical practice.
Having completed this e-learning course, learners will understand what an aseptic technique is, what circumstances the technique should be used in and the reasons why. They should also be able to apply the principles learnt in this course into practice.
Areas covered are:
- Explain the reason for an aseptic technique
- Describe the need for standard precaution
- Interpret the principles of an aseptic technique
- Decide when to carry out an aseptic technique versus clean technique
- Apply principles to Practice
- Define the main elements of infection prevention control
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
How will the course be delivered?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 – 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- Learning Objectives
- Overview of asepsis and understanding the principles
- Aseptic technique
- Clean technique
- Aseptic verses clean technique
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information