- Course Code: CHEL022
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £18.00
- Sunday, 01 August 2021
Information governance is extremely important, and staff working in a healthcare setting have access to private and sensitive information, and they will need to understand how to keep it safe and secure.
Staff working in a healthcare environment need to ensure that they understand information governance and how it relates to their role.
This course is designed to provide effective learning for staff to ensure they understand the rules of GDPR and the Caldicott Principles. It also offers practical advice on how to ensure patient records are kept safe and secure. This includes paper records and information held on a computer system.
There are challenges throughout the course to test your knowledge on what you have learnt so far.
- Understand the principles of information governance and how they apply in everyday working environments.
- Understand the importance of data security in health and care organisations.
- Be familiar with the fundamentals of data protection, confidentiality and the Caldicott Principles, in line with the GDPR.
- Know how you can apply and maintain information security guidelines within the context of your role, avoiding threats - including cyber threats - to data security and identifying near misses and incidents.
- Be able to maintain good records in line with information governance principles, and apply best practice in your workplace.
- Understand the responsibilities of healthcare organisations and individuals under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- What will I study?
You will learn
- Understand the principles of information governance and how they apply in everyday working environments
- Understand the importance of data security in health and care organisations
- Be familiar with the fundamentals of data protection, confidentiality and the Caldicott Principles, in line with the GDPR
- Understand the responsibilities of healthcare organisations and individuals under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Who is it for?
- Anyone working in a healthcare role
- Care Assistants
- Hospital Administrators
- Entry Requirements
- How will I be assessed?
The course is accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
The course usually take between 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a healthcare role such as care assistants, nurses, doctors, hospital administrators and receptionists, etc.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
- What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of health & safety courses, click here for further information.
- For more information