An Introduction to Safeguarding Children
- Course Code: CHEL046
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is for anyone who comes into contact with children or their families. Please be aware that this training content deals with a potentially disturbing subject matter and material and images used may be of a graphic nature. The module carries links to help lines and national support agencies that can be contacted should you feel the need to talk about the subject to someone other than your colleagues or manager.
- What will I study?
This course helps to address the ‘stay safe' outcome of the Government's ‘Every Child Matters' policy – the current government approach to children and young people, looking from a broad perspective at ensuring the well-being of everyone from birth to age 19, making sure each child, whatever their background or their circumstances, has the support they need to:
- Be healthy
- Stay safe
- Enjoy and achieve
- Make a positive contribution
- Achieve economic well-being
The aim of the module is to concentrate on ways in which children and young people can ‘stay safe' by minimising the incidence of child abuse and child neglect. The module covers child abuse training and will help the learner gain a better understanding of the types of abuse or neglect to a child and explain what the learner must do if they suspect a child is being abused or neglected.
On completion of this module, the learner will:
- Understand the various types of child abuse and neglect
- Identify the signs and what to look for
- Know what steps to take if there is a suspicion of abuse
- Know what to do if a child or adult discloses abuse
- Understand the importance of keeping record
- Introduction to safeguarding children / child protection
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
There are many other& Childcare courses on our website
- For more information