Safeguarding Children Level 3
- Course Code: CHEL049
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
- Sunday, 01 August 2021
Anyone who requires Level 3 Safeguarding Training has a considerable responsibility for safeguarding children and they have to be able to act accordingly to information and concerns brought to them.
Anyone working at this level needs to be confident in working with multiple agencies and advise on local and national policies.
Unsure if you require Level 1, 2 or 3 Safeguarding Children training? Check out our short guide to find the course that best matches your needs and requirements here.
Level 3 training is suitable for anyone who holds a management position and frequently works with children, or anyone who has a designated child protection role. These positions could be in schools, hospitals, sports clubs.
Why take this course?
Level 3 safeguarding children training is one of our most in depth safeguarding courses available and has been designed for managers working in roles where they frequently come into contact with children and their families. This course contains core safeguarding modules to ensure that learners are up to date with the latest information and then goes onto more detailed information about reporting suspecting abuse whether it has been reported directly to them or via a member of staff.
The depth of this course allows learners to understand how key safeguarding cases have shaped legislation and how that will impact on them as managers and their workplace.
This course covers key topics to ensure learners have a strong grasp on current safeguarding knowledge and key procedures. These topics include:
An overview of safeguarding, Why is safeguarding important, Serious case reviews and Bichard reports, The latest legislation and guidance, Multi-agency working, Jargon and key terms, Disclosure of information from children, National and local contexts, Reducing the likelihood of abuse, What to do if you suspect abuse, Signs and symptoms of abuse, Whistleblowing, Types of abuse, Roles and responsibilities, Recognising abuse, How to deal with suspected/disclosed abuse, Record-keeping and recording.
- What will I study?
To help professionals apply knowledge into everyday life, this course uses immersive real-world scenarios which can help learners to better understand the importance of certain topics. On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Apply the changes to practice made over the past three years to your work
- Identify different levels of harm and follow the appropriate safeguarding procedures
- Collect safeguarding children information from both a local and national context
To ensure that our training is based on industry best practice, we have mapped all of the content to the following best practice frameworks
- Intercollegiate Frameworks
- Core Training Skills Framework
- National Competency Safeguarding Framework
You will learn
- Explain the profound impact some well-known cases of child abuse and neglect have had on legislation
- Explain the importance of multi-agency cooperation
- Define safeguarding in respect to children and young people
- Describe what you need to do if a child makes a disclosure or if you suspect abuse
- Explain what whistleblowing is, what it is not and why it is important
- List the ways you can reduce the risk of abuse
- List the signs and symptoms of the different types of abuse.
- Outline the responsibilities lead workers in the children’s and young person’s sector have
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
Who is it for?
- Social workers
- Sports teacher/coaches
- Care workers
- Council workers
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 80 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of childcare courses, click here for further information.
- For more information