Child Accident Prevention
- Course Code: CHEL050
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19, 01-Aug-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is designed for practitioners, parents and carers to raise awareness of risk and vulnerability of children in their care.
- What will I study?
Unintentional childhood injury results in over 2 million visits to Accident and Emergency; over half of these injuries occur in the home. This module aims to raise parents' and carers' understanding of Child Accident Prevention. Statistical data will highlight the high risk of unintentional child accidents. The course will look at access to supplementary guidance, look at risk factors, preventative measures and treatments after accidents.
This module will allow you to:
- Develop knowledge and skills relating to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury when working with families
- Understand the significance of unintentional childhood injuries
- Link in to other media providing supplementary guidance
- Examine different aspects of child safety
- Focus on prevention
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- What is the Risk and Risk Factors
- Inequality of Risk and Reducing Risk
- Prevention and Consequences
- Supplementary Information
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
The college operates a no refunds policy as detailed below. Cancellations and transfer requests are subject to the following conditions:
- More than 4 weeks notice – no charge
- 4 weeks notice – 30% of the cost
- 2-3 weeks notice – 50% of the cost
- 1-2 weeks notice – 75% of the cost
- Less than 1 weeks notice – 100% of the cost
All cancellations must be made in writing and are subject to a £10 administration charge. The full fee's policy is available on request.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 53 interactive screens it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of childcare courses, click here for further information.
- For more information