Cultural Awareness in Safeguarding
- Course Code: CHEL055
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This course is aimed primarily at practitioners working with children, young people and their families
- What will I study?
It is vital that all children receive the same care and safeguards with regards to abuse and neglect, regardless of their background.
As a result, this e-learning module has been developed to help practitioners working with children, young people and their families to be culturally aware during the course of their work and involvement.
On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of the four types of abuse which stem from culture-related traditions, rituals and beliefs. It will also provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to feel confident in dealing with people from differing cultures.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Recognise why cultural awareness is important in order to achieve the best possible outcome for children
- Identify how and why cultural traditions can result in the abuse of children
- Recognise the effects that cultural rituals such as female genital mutilation (FGM) can have on children
- Recognise how cultural beliefs such as belief in spirit possession can result in the abuse of children
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Cultural Traditions
- Cultural Rituals
- Cultural Beliefs
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 60 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 – 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information