Early Child Development - Foundation
- Course Code: CHEL057
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19, 01-Aug-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This module is aimed primarily at authorised practitioners who work with children, young people and families, including Teachers; Midwives and Health Visitors; Youth Services and Connexions; Family Support Workers; Childminders; Social Workers; Voluntary and Community Groups; Early Years and Play Workers amongst others.
- What will I study?
The aim of this module is to increase awareness of the main issues around early child development. By providing learners with a better understanding of the key issues in order for them to be able to develop their work in a way that improves outcomes for parents and children.
This module highlights the importance of a wide range of factors that affect the individual pathway along which each child develops. A child's growth, development and learning are interrelated in complex ways from the moment of conception all the way through infancy to early childhood and beyond.
On completion of this course learners will:
- Have a basic awareness of and be able to describe, the main theoretical concepts linked to child development
- Be able to evaluate information relating to physical, intellectual, linguistic social (including sexual) and emotional development of children and young people
- Recognise the factors that may affect development
- Recognise the factors that may affect development and how early development impacts on future resilience and vulnerability factors in adolescence
- Explore attachment to identify the way in which children develop secure relationships with their carers
- Consider effective practice in relation to child development
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Theories and Related Issues
- Stages of Development
- Vulnerability and Resilience
- Why is Child Development Important to Practice?
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 50 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 – 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of childcare courses, click here for further information.
- For more information