Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
- Course Code: CHEL065
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Who is the course for?
Individuals whose work brings them into contact with children and young adults. Please be aware that this training content deals with a potentially disturbing subject matter and material and images used may be of a graphic nature. The module carries links to help lines and national support agencies that can be contacted should you feel the need to talk about the subject to someone other than your colleagues or manager.
How will the course be delivered?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
This e-learning course aims to increase awareness of the main issues around the sexual exploitation of children and young people. It is aimed at anyone who comes into contact with children and young people during the course of their work. This course raises awareness of the legislation and guidance that applies to vulnerable groups and how these policies can be applied in practice. The course explains risk assessments and vulnerability factors and outlines the roles of various agencies such as the police and social care so you know what your responsibility is. This course includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a given situation. Having completed the module learners will:
- Have an awareness of the background to child sexual exploitation, including definitions, the key legislation and guidance and research findings.
- Understand the risk assessment process, including the elements of a good assessment.
- Know the categories of risk and what vulnerability factors to look for when undertaking an assessment.
- Have a basic knowledge of the responsibilities of the key agencies involved in helping children at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Risk Assessment
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information