Safer Working Practices
- Course Code: CHEL068
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Who is the course for?
Authorised practitioners who work with children, young people and families.
How will the course be delivered?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 1-1 1/2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout
- What will I study?
What will I study?
The starting point for this module is to look at why you need to undertake training on the protection of children and young people. All adults who come into contact with children in their work have a duty of care to safeguard and promote their welfare. Practitioners have a key role in shaping the futures of young people. The vast majority of adults working with young children act professionally to provide a safe and supportive environment. However, in this area of work, tensions and misunderstandings can occur; the answer is not to work in a bubble. We have learnt from many adults, they are inadequately informed about their responsibilities and, as a result, they may unintentionally avoid certain practices completely. This should not be the case and this module aims to outline clearly what behaviours are and are not acceptable. On completion of this module learners will have covered these learning objectives:
- Increased your awareness of issues relating to allegations management
- Identified signs of inappropriate adult behaviour towards children and young people
- Gained confidence in challenging inappropriate behaviour - Increased your awareness of how to ensure children and young people with whom we work are protected
- Understood the importance of sharing information appropriately and keeping records
- Understood your responsibility to ensure your behaviour is professional at all times
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Background, Guidance and Terminology
- Why do we need Guidance?
- Appropriate and Non-appropriate Behaviours and Summary
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information