Think Safe, Be Safe, Stay Safe
- Course Code: CHEL069
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Who is the course for?
This module is aimed at young people aged 11-18yrs who work with children or other young people for example as young volunteers, peer mentors, babysitters etc.
How will the course be delivered?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
Safeguarding children helps to address the 'stay safe' outcome of the Government's Every Child Matters policy. The aim of this module is to raise awareness of the signs of abuse and neglect and understand when and who to report concerns to. On completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Understand the various types of child abuse or neglect
- Identify the signs and what to look for
- Know how to ask questions if you suspect a young person is being abused
- Know what steps to take if you suspect abuse is happening
- Know what to do if a young person discloses abuse
This course covers the following subject areas:
- Welcome, Learning Objectives and Introduction
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- What to do if you suspect abuse or neglect
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information