E-Learning - Dementia Awareness
- Course Code: CHEL071
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Validated by: NONE
This module is aimed at anyone supporting someone with Dementia or their carers.
- What will I study?
This module aims to raise carers understanding about the lived experience of a person with dementia, looking at the person first and then exploring simple techniques to help keep the person with dementia independent for longer.
This module will allow you to:
- Reflect on personal and professional values
- Reflect on and explore ways of improving interactions with a person with dementia
- Explore the lived experience of a person who has memory loss and recognition difficulties
- Learn simple techniques on how to support a person with dementia and their carers
- Explore relevant legislation and how it applies to the support offered to a person with dementia
- Access further accessible information about the different types of dementia
- Understand the importance of encouraging the recording and sharing of information to improve the quality of life for a person with dementia
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Lived Experience – Understanding and Responding
- Emotions and Behaviour – Understanding and Responding
- Legislation and Guidelines
- Types of Dementia
- Summary and Progression
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
With 54 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1 – 2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information