E-Learning - Dignity in Care
- Course Code: CHEL072
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Validated by: NONE
This module is aimed at anyone working with adults in a social care setting, alongside other providers of public services for example hospitals, care homes or community support services.
- What will I study?
Dignity can be a difficult term to define. This is because dignity means different things to different people and can cover a wide range of topics. We believe that dignity is about ensuring that people in care are treated with dignity and respect in adult social care whatever the setting.
The 2006 the Department of Health sought views from members of the public and health and social care staff to help identify examples where services did not treat people with dignity and respect. The study categorized the examples into four main areas, the environment that care and support being provided in, attitudes and behavior of workers, the culture of care within the organization and in care activities. Whilst poor service must always be challenged to ensure service respects people's dignity, we should not forget there are many examples of good practice.
On completion of this module learners will have covered these learning objectives:
- Understand how the people we support might feel when not treated with dignity and respect
- Know what constitutes best practise when providing services with dignity and respect
- Understand why inappropriate staff attitudes and practices must be challenged
- Ensure all staff working in adult social care employ best practise
- Understand the ten key aspects of the Department of Health's Dignity Challenge
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Definition of Dignity
- Safeguarding and Dignity
- Social Policy, Legislation and Summary
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
With over 50 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 1-2 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information