Manual Handling for Parents and Carers
- Course Code: CHEL074
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19, 01-Aug-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This is a manual handling course that is aimed specifically at parents and carers.
- What will I study?
Whatever role you are in, be it a carer, parent or grandparent, situations could arise in which you need to move objects as well as your child. This module will show you what you need to do in order to handle objects and people safely and minimise the risk of injury.
Manual handling is moving anything where human force is required. The term manual handling covers activities that involve lifting, carrying, lowering, pushing or pulling a load. Examples of this can include putting bags into the car, carrying a child, pushing a wheelchair and lifting someone into a hoist.
Having completed this module, you will:
- Understand the reasons why you need to know how to move and handle objects correctly.
- Learn the key pieces of legislation that relates to manual handling; the responsibilities they place on any employer.
- Understand the basic theory of how your spine works, common injuries and how you can avoid them.
- Understand the key factors to take into account before undertaking the moving or lifting of a load.
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- The Law
- The Spine
- Moving and Handling Objects Safely
- Moving People Safely
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
With approximately 100 interactive screens – it is estimated that this module will take approximately 3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information