- Course Code: CHEL075
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date:
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This module is targeted primarily at those working within the health and social care sector who are involved in the administration of medication.
- What will I study?
This course aims to provide learners with the knowledge required to support the use of medication in health and social care settings. It provides information on the different types, classifications and forms of medication, as well as providing guidance on safe storage and disposal.
On completion, learners will have an increased understanding of the importance of accurate recording and reporting when administering medication.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe relevant legislation
- Recognise the different types of medication
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Describe relevant techniques for administering medication
- List considerations when receiving, storing and disposing of medication
- Identify the rights of an individual
- Describe suitable recording and reporting techniques relevant to medication administration
The content of this course has been mapped to the underpinning knowledge within the following unit on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF): Support use of medication in social care settings
This unit is part of the following qualifications:
Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce, Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England, Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England, Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce, Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for Wales and Northern Ireland
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- The Legislative Framework for the Use of Medication in a Social Care Setting
- Common Types of Medication and Their Use
- Roles and Responsibilities in the Use of Medication in a Social Care Setting
- Techniques for Administering Medication
- Receive, Store and Dispose of Medication Safely
- Promote the Rights of the Individual when Managing Medication
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
It is estimated that this module will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information