Safeguarding Everyone - Protecting Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
- Course Code: CHEL078
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Who is the course for?
This module is targeted primarily at those working within health and social care, including professional care and support workers and practitioners.
How will the course be delivered?
With approximately 80 interactive screens, it is estimated that this module will take approximately 2 and half hours to complete (depending on learning speed). As an e-learning module you can complete this training in convenient stages and revisit whenever you wish. The system will record your progress throughout.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
It is vital that those working within health and social care understand how important it is for practitioners to always ensure the safety and security of anyone within their care, or who they come into contact with as part of their role. This module has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge required to recognise the signs of abuse and respond appropriately to suspected or alleged abuse. In addition, learners will also have an increased understanding of the most appropriate ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse as well as recognise and report unsafe practices. On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Be able to recognise signs of abuse
- Be able to respond appropriately to suspected or alleged abuse
- Be able to recognise the national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
- Know the most appropriate ways to reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Know how to recognise and report unsafe practices The content of this course has been mapped to the underpinning knowledge within the following units on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF):
Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care - This unit is a mandatory unit within the following qualifications: Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England and Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- How to Recognise Signs of Abuse
- Local and National Contexts
- How to Respond - Recording and Reporting
- Ways to Reduce the Likelihood of Abuse
- Serious Case Reviews, Case Studies and Summary
- Entry Requirements
Course Entry Criteria
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information