Understand How to Support Individuals with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
- Course Code: CHEL081
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This module is aimed at anyone who may come into contact with an individual (adult) with an autistic spectrum condition. This could be in the context of an individual who they support via their working role, a colleague, an employer, a relative or friend.
- What will I study?
This e-learning module aims to provide learners with an increased understanding of the autistic spectrum and offer strategies to support those on it.
On completion, learners will have an increased awareness of the main characteristics of behaviour which individuals on the autism spectrum can commonly display as well as an increased understanding of the sensory differences of people on the autistic spectrum.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Recognise the main characteristics of behaviour for people on the autistic spectrum
- Understand the triad of impairment
- Understand the range of the spectrum
- Appreciate the particular differences of understanding language with people on the autistic spectrum
- Understand the need to backup spoken language visually to help understanding
- Appreciate the importance of routine and predictability for people on the autistic spectrum
- Understand the complexity of social interaction
- Appreciate the sensory differences of people on the autistic spectrum
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- The Triad of Impairment and Autistic Spectrum
- Support Strategies for the Three Areas of the Triad
- Sensory Issues and the Autistic Spectrum + Summary
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this module.
- How will I be assessed?
The course length is approximately 1 – 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information