Fire Safety Training
- Course Code: CHEL086
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Start Date: 30-Jul-19
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
Employers are legally required by Fire Safety Regulations (The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005) to provide information, instruction and training to employees about fire precautions in the workplace. This Virtual College online fire safety course helps you to fulfil this obligation by providing your staff with the knowledge and understanding required to act safely in the event of a fire in the workplace, without the need to travel or take a full day away from the office.
The benefits of using online training in the workplace include:
- Cost Reductions e.g. travel fees
- Man hour reduction (training only takes as long as the learner needs)
- Self-printed certificate for evidence of course completion
- Staff can start training immediately
- Helping your business maintain a green status by reducing your carbon footprint
If you are responsible for training a large number of staff, you may be interested to hear more about our Learning Management System (LMS) that allows you to easily track and record who has received and completed the training. We offer a range of courses that cover all of your legal workplace training requirements, and these can be found in the Health and Safety Course Catalogue.
- What will I study?
Fire is the probably the biggest risk threat to life that most people face at work, with around 50 people being killed and over 2000 seriously injured every year. In order to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is vital that everyone is aware of the common causes of fire and the appropriate actions to take in the event of a fire, including how to escape safely from the scene.
The lesson plan for this module addresses these needs with:
- Awareness of key legislation and legal requirements relating to fire safety
- Knowledge of the 'Fire Triangle'
- Knowledge of fire detection and warning systems and how to use and react to them
- Fire Triangle
- Key factors relating to evacuation in the event of fire
- Knowledge of fire types and which extinguishers can be used on them
- Precautions to minimise the risk of fire
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- How will I be assessed?
The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information