Supervision and Appraisal in Early Years Settings
- Course Code: CHEL092
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £40.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
- Saturday, 01 August 2020
Promotion at work is an exciting time but a new post with supervisory duties can often feel daunting, with fear of the unknown and worries about the additional responsibilities the role may bring.
As a result, this module provides advice and guidance that will help you make a smooth and fulfilling transition to a supervisory role and help to ensure that you enjoy a positive professional working relationship with you work colleagues. The module aims to provide learners with an introduction to the main issues relating to supervisory roles in childcare settings. It addresses some of the fundamental skills that are needed in order to be an effective supervisor, including, engaging and motivating staff, developing staff and releasing their potential through the supervisory process.
- What will I study?
On completion of this course learners should be able to:
- explain why induction and appraisal are important parts of the supervisory process
- outline key elements of the induction and appraisal processes
- provide examples of the types of difficult issues that may arise for people working with young children, and offer ways in which they may be dealt with during appraisals
- list how to deliver and receive positive feedback
Areas covered include:
- Welcome and Learning Objectives
- Entry Requirements
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
- How will I be assessed?
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of childcare courses, click here for further information.
- For more information