The Safe Management of Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Course Code: CHEL094
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £45.00
- Days: MON/FRI
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This online course will increase your understanding of the management of diabetes in women pre-pregnancy, during pregnancy and during the postnatal period.
After completing this training you will be able to:
- Outline the medical considerations when preparing a woman with diabetes for pregnancy
- Describe the main aspects of antenatal and postnatal care for a woman with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Discuss how you would screen for and treat gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)
This course is aimed at all healthcare professionals who care for women with diabetes who become pregnant or wish to become pregnant.
- What will I study?
The course will cover:
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Pre-pregnancy Advice and Care
- Women with Existing Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Antenatal Care
- Neonatal and Postnatal Care
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
Approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour.
The length of time taken to complete this course depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can process as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take.
On completion of this course you will be able to download a College certificate.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care e-learning courses, click here for further information.
- For more information