Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Knowledge and Skills
- Course Code: CHEL095
- Duration: 1 year
- Price: £325.00
- Times: 09:00-17:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
- Friday, 31 July 2020
Do you work in the support services industry, want to gain employment in this sector or have an interest in the processes of cleaning to apply them in your own home? Build on your existing knowledge and increase your employability by formalising your skills with this nationally recognised qualification.
- What will I study?
Develop your understanding of the principles of decontamination, and improve your practical skills such as cleaning and waste management. You will also discover how to choose the correct methods and equipment for a range of tasks.
Expand on your knowledge of health and safety as well discovering more about infection control, and regulations related to the reporting of injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences, and the control of substances hazardous to health.
This course will ensure you have a fully rounded knowledge base and are equipped with the relevant skills for working in the cleaning and support services industry.
The following are units covered:
- Unit 1: Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Unit 2: Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 3: Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 4: Infection control, RIDDOR and COSHH in cleaning settings
- Unit 5: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management
- Unit 6: Cleaning of interiors and washrooms
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
You will be provided with a support assessor who will contact you via e-mail and telephone. You will complete assessments for each of the units.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of health and social care courses, click here for further information.
- For more information