BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH)
- Course Code: CM024
- Duration: 6 hours
- Price: £80.00
- Times: 09:00-15:00
- Validated by: BIIAB
- Delivery Type: PT
- Friday, 19 March 2021
- Friday, 16 April 2021
- Friday, 21 May 2021
- Friday, 25 June 2021
Who is the course for?
It is now the law in England and Wales that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal Licence.
How will the course be delivered?
Through classroom based activities alongside a tutor and other delegates at a similar level.
- What will I study?
Topics covered are
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regards to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcohol drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Assessment is made by multiple - choice examination at the end of the day.
- Entry Requirements
It is essential that individuals have an adequate level of English to understand the information delivered by the tutor. All delegates are required, prior to the commencement of the course, to state that their English skills are at an appropriate level. If it becomes apparent that an individual does not understand the content, the individual will not be able to complete the course but will still be charged the full fee.
- What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of catering and hospitality courses, click here for further information.
- For more information