ESOL in the Workplace
- Course Code: CM053
- Duration: 15 weeks x 2 hours
- Validated by: NONE
This course is for employers with a workforce whose first language is not English, ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) courses offer the opportunity for employees to improve their language ability. The ESOL in the Workplace course has been specifically designed to develop the English language skills necessary for the working environment and can be tailored to meet individual employers' needs.
- What will I study?
Taking an ESOL qualification can help you:
- talk to doctors and teachers
- improve your CV
- use English in the workplace
- do a course and get a certificate
- help your child with homework
- Entry Requirements
- How will I be assessed?
Pre-Entry Module 1
- Read & pronounce the alphabet – lower case / upper case
- Write the alphabet – lower case / upper case
- Make and respond to simple greetings
- Ask for and provide very basic information (e.g. names, jobs)
- Read and write first name
Entry 1 ESOL Module 1
- To write a personal profile about self
- To say and write numbers from 1-100
- Recognise signs and symbols in the workplace
- To ask for and provide basic information
- To complete a simple form (related to employment)
- Ask for spellings or repetition
- Showing when something has not been understood or asking someone to slow down
- What can I do next?
Additional modules can be undertaken at various levels based on initial assessment.
- For more information