Introduction to ESOL
- Course Code: CM053C
- Duration: 6 weeks x 2 hours
- Price: £95.00
- Times: 13:00-15:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
If English is not your main language, you can do a course to help you improve your English. These courses are called ESOL or English for Speakers of other Languages. Skills for Life ESOL qualifications are designed to help you develop the skills you use in everyday life.
They can also help you boost your CV or move on to further study.
Taking an ESOL qualification can help you:
- talk to doctors and teachers
- do a course and get a certificate
- help your child with homework
- What will I study?
The 12 hour course will cover the following:
Pre-Entry ESOL Module 1:
1. Read and pronounce the alphabet lower case / upper case
2. Write the alphabet lower case / upper case
3. Make and respond to simple greetings.
4. Ask for and provide very basic information (e.g. names, jobs)
5. Read and write first name.
6. Read and write surname.
Entry 1 ESOL Module 1:
1. To write a personal profile about self.
2. To say and write numbers from 1-100.
3. Recognise signs and symbols in the workplace.
4. To ask for and provide basic information.
5. To complete a simple form (related to employment).
6. Ask for spellings or repetition. Showing when something has not been understood or asking someone to slow down.
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
There are no assessments.
- What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of language courses, click here for further information.
- For more information