- Course Code: CM075
- Duration: 3 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £105.00
In order to complete the accredited practical element of this course, students will need to become a member of the Beauty Guild and complete the Theory module, upon which you will receive a code (which you will need to provide to ourselves to undertake the practical sessions).
During a threading treatment, individual hairs are removed completely from the hair follicle. A twisted thread catches hairs as it is rolled across the skin and removes them. This is suitable for eyebrows and small areas of hair on the face. Threading hair is an ancient method commonly practiced in Egypt and India, but is becoming very popular here in the UK.
You can obtain Guild insurance upon completion of your course with a massive discount of £25 if you upgrade within 3 months of enrolling!
- What will I study?
The GTi Threading course comprises of 8 modules which are listed below:
- TR001 Introduction, Reception, & Consultation
- TR002 History & Types of Hair Removal
- TR003 The Skin
- TR004 The Hair & The Endocrine System
- TR005 Contra-indications Preventing Treatment
- TR006 Contra-indications Requiring Adaptation
- TR007 Equipment & Preparation
- TR008 Technique
- TR009 Aftercare
What support is available to me whilst doing the course?
All GTi courses have access to integrated email support from fully qualified therapists and tutors.
How will the course be marked?
Following each course module you will take an online examination which requires a pass rate of around 70%. For the practical module you will need to demonstrate that you can perform the outlined tasks to the skill level required.
Am I allowed to refer to text books or notes during the examination?
No. You are expected to complete online tests under exam conditions without referring to any notes, text books or online help.
What will I receive when I complete the course?
You will receive a GTi certificate in Threading which will be mailed to you on successful completion of the course.
Important information about the Guild - The theory element of the course is completed online via the Guild and the assessment is held at College. You will need a Gti Student membership to complete the Guild courses. Memberships to the Guild are not included in the above price and is payable direct to the Guild by the candidate. Memberships start at £25.00 www.beautyguild.com Upon booking, if you do not already have a membership with the Guild, please wait for your joining instructions for confirmation of when to join.
1. Book your place on the practical element, please be aware that once you have enrolled onto the course and paid the course fee and become a Guild Member, you will have immediate access to the online course modules which means you can start learning straight away. Please note that you have 2 weeks to complete the theory, please allow yourself enough time to do this when you book your place as practical course bookings are non-refundable.
- Entry Requirements
There are no entry requirements.
- How will I be assessed?
Following each theory module you will take an online examination which requires a pass rate of around 70%. For the practical module you will need to demonstrate that you can perform the outlined tasks to the skill level required.
- What can I do next?
We have offer a wide range of hair & beauty courses, click here for further information.
- For more information