- Course Code: CM140
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: £135.00
- Monday, 01 August 2022
The GTi Waxing Award is accredited by the Guild of Beauty Therapists, the UK’s leading professional beauty trade body. The course covers the consultation, contra-indications, technique and aftercare needed to perform a waxing treatment and is written following the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments.
The theory element of this course is beautifully written and accompanied by images, video and a voiceover. Upon completion of the online theory modules, students will receive a manual which they can use to refer back to. Twelve of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available. The remaining module consists of a practical module and examination at College.
What will I study?
There are two options available to you to complete this course:
OPTION 1: Guild Accredited
In order to complete the Accredited practical element of this course, students will need to become a member of the Beauty Guild at www.beautyguild.com and complete the Theory module, upon which you’ll receive a code (which will need to be provided to ourselves to undertake the practical sessions).
To complete the Guild accredited practical assessment for this course, students will be expected to be student members of The Guild and to have completed the following theory modules:
- W001 Introduction and Different Methods of Hair Removal
- W002 Reception & Consultation
- W003 Anatomy & Physiology – The Skin
- W004 Anatomy & Physiology – The Hair & the Endocrine System
- W005 Contra-indications
- W006 Contra-indications Requiring Adaptation & Contra-actions
- W007 Warm Waxing Technique
- W008 Half Leg Treatment
- W009 Full Leg, Bikini & Abdomen Waxing
- W010 Underarm, Facial Waxing & Forearm
- W011 Male Waxing
- W012 Aftercare
Is the course accredited?
The course is fully accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists for membership and insurance and follows the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic.
Is the course accredited for Continuing Professional Development - CPD?
Yes. The course is accredited by the Guild and is worth 30 CPD points.
You can obtain Guild insurance upon completion of your course with a massive discount of £25 if you upgrade within 3 months of enrolling!
OPTION 2: Non-Accredited Knowledge Only
You will attend the practical element of the course only at the date and time stated below and will receive a Blackburn College Certificate of Attendance.
Important information about the Guild - The theory element of the course is completed online via the Guild and the assessment is held at College. You will need a Gti Student membership to complete the Guild courses. Memberships to the Guild are not included in the above price and is payable direct to the Guild by the candidate. Memberships start at £25.00 www.beautyguild.com Upon booking, if you do not already have a membership with the Guild, please wait for your joining instructions for confirmation of when to join.
Book your place on the practical element, please be aware that once you have enrolled onto the course and paid the course fee and become a Guild Member, you will have immediate access to the online course modules which means you can start learning straight away. Please note that you have 2 weeks to complete the theory, please allow yourself enough time to do this when you book your place as practical course bookings are non-refundable.
Completion of Theory Modules and Guild Membership (Option1)
No entry criteria (Option 2)
How will I be assessed?
Following each theory module you will take an online examination which requires a pass rate of around 70%. For the practical module you will need to demonstrate that you can perform the outlined tasks to the skill level required.
Am I allowed to refer to textbooks or notes during the examination?
No. You are expected to complete online tests under exam conditions without referring to any notes, textbooks or online help.
What will I receive when I complete the course?
You will receive a GTi certificate in Waxing which will be mailed to you on successful completion of the course.
What can I do next?
Accredited Option 1:
- Become member of the Beauty Guild here: https://www.beautyguild.com/. The cost of membership is £25 and lasts for 3 months. Theory modules are also paid to the Guild directly. These do not form part of the College fee stated above.
- Book your place on the practical element at a date to suit you (options below), please be aware that once you have enrolled onto the course and paid the course fee and become a Guild Member, you will have immediate access to the online course modules which means you can start learning straight away. Please note that you have 3 weeks to complete the theory, please allow yourself enough time to do this when you book your place as practical course bookings are non-refundable.
- Complete the theory and required Professional Standards module with the Guild, providing your certificate of completion code to us to enable us to authenticate you at the end of the practical session.
Non-Accredited Option 2:
Book your place on the practical element of this course only and receive a Blackburn College Certificate of Attendance upon completion.
Following completion of this Course: We have offer a wide range of hair & beauty courses, click here for further information.
For more information