ILM Level 3 - Organising and Delegating in the Workplace
- Course Code: EC112
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: £100.00
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
- Wednesday, 25 March 2020
As the largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications in the UK, the Institute of Leadership and Management is committed to developing managers at all levels. This qualification has been re-designed in a unit-based format, for the UK and European credit frameworks.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- Teacher trained and sector specific qualified tutors
- Purpose built facilities
- Small class sizes
- Renowned for providing an excellent student experience with an emphasis on pastoral care throughout
- Bespoke hand-outs to enhance learning
- Excellent library facilities
Benefits of undertaking an ILM Qualification:
- Customised qualifications adapted to your/your business needs
- Strong focus on application of knowledge in the workplace.
- Specialist online learning resources
- Filling in skills gaps across your organisation (or to enable you to apply for roles)
- Free studying membership with the Institute
This course gives practising or potential first line managers (team leaders or supervisors) the foundation for their formal development in their roles. You’ll develop an understanding of the factors that influence how people behave at work and investigate a range of leadership styles to motivate individuals and monitor performance. You’ll have the opportunity to look at the importance of planning and delegation and, in the later stages of the course; you’ll develop your knowledge and understanding of how effective communication at work can increase staff motivation and productivity.
The qualification develops management skills and assists participants in gaining the knowledge and skill required by team leaders and supervisors, as well as providing a route to career development. The modules offer opportunities for class discussion and interaction with other course members. All assessment methodologies are work-related and designed to provide individual development and direct organisational benefits.
- What will I study?
Topics included on the day will be:
- The importance of planning the team's work to achieve objectives
- Techniques for deciding the most appropriate individual to undertake the activity
- The importance of making effective and efficient use of people's knowledge and skills and how to achieve this
- Outline of the principles of human resource planning to assure continuity of output & quality
- Definitions of authority and power; responsibility and accountability
- Concepts of delegation and empowerment
- Process of delegation including barriers and support mechanisms
- Techniques to monitor outcomes of delegation
- Feedback, recognition and reward techniques
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment requirements. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written piece of work to be submitted within 1 week.
- What can I do next?
- For more information