ILM Level 3 - Innovation & Change in an Organisation
- Course Code: EC114
- Duration: 2 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £165.00
- Start Date:
- Days: WED
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
As the largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications in the UK, the Institute of Leadership and Management is committed to developing managers at all levels. This qualification has been re-designed in a unit-based format, for the UK and European credit frameworks.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- Teacher trained and sector specific qualified tutors
- Purpose built facilities
- Small class sizes
- Renowned for providing an excellent student experience with an emphasis on pastoral care throughout
- Bespoke hand-outs to enhance learning
- Excellent library facilities
Benefits of undertaking an ILM Qualification:
- Customised qualifications adapted to your/your business needs
- Strong focus on application of knowledge in the workplace.
- Specialist online learning resources
- Filling in skills gaps across your organisation (or to enable you to apply for roles)
- Free studying membership with the Institute
This course gives practising or potential first line managers (team leaders or supervisors) the foundation for their formal development in their roles. You’ll develop an understanding of the factors that influence how people behave at work and investigate a range of leadership styles to motivate individuals and monitor performance. You’ll have the opportunity to look at the importance of planning and delegation and, in the later stages of the course; you’ll develop your knowledge and understanding of how effective communication at work can increase staff motivation and productivity.
The qualification develops management skills and assists participants in gaining the knowledge and skill required by team leaders and supervisors, as well as providing a route to career development. The modules offer opportunities for class discussion and interaction with other course members. All assessment methodologies are work-related and designed to provide individual development and direct organisational benefits.
- What will I study?
What will I study?
Topics included on the day will be:
- The benefits of change and the consequences of not changing
- The role of change in the survival and prosperity of organisations
- Concepts of creativity and innovation and their significance for organisational success and change management
- The role of communication in successful implementation of change
- Barriers to change and innovation - how to identify them and other difficulties in implementing change
- Means of overcoming barriers and difficulties including unfreezing and freezing techniques
- Methods to monitor and control progress of change against plan, including use of Gantt charts, network planning
- Change fatigue and its adverse effects
- Ways to organise and co-ordinate resources and activities to achieve planned change
- Differentiate between fixed and variable costs
- Direct and indirect aspects of change - human and financial effects upon other people, departments and organisations
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates will normally be either practising or aspiring first line managers with the opportunity to meet the assessment requirements. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- ILM Level 3 - Award in Leadership & Management (DAY)
- ILM Level 3 - Award in Leadership & Management (EVE)
- ILM Level 3 - Certificate in Leadership & Management
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding Leadership
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding, Organising and Delegating in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understand How To Establish an Effective Team
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding How To Motivate to Improve Performance
- ILM Level 3 - Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace
- ILM Level 3 - Understand How to lead Effective Meetings &
Following this, you may be interested in our ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership & Management: See our list of qualifications here: Other ILM qualifications.
- For more information