CIPS Level 3 - Advanced Certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations
- Course Code: EC191
- Duration: 35 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £1850.00
- Times: 09:30-12:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply is the most prominent professional body for those who are developing a career in procurement.
This qualification is designed for those in an operational role who need the capability to carry out procurement and supply tasks. You will develop the knowledge to understand demand management, arrange supply logistics and implement new contracts.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- Centre of Excellence CIPS Study Centre, the top grade awarded by independent auditors
- Teacher trained, CIPS qualified & Sector specific qualified tutors
- Purpose built facilities for CIPS business training
- Small class sizes (max. 15 students) delivered in Blackburn, Lancashire
- Renowned for providing an excellent student experience with an emphasis on pastoral care throughout
- Bespoke workbooks to enhance learning
- Revision sessions
- Private exam centre on college site
- 24/7 access to learner materials through Moodle
Typically, this course would be suitable for the following titles:
- Assistant buyer
- Assistant contract officer
- Contract analyst
- Stock / inventory controller / planner
The course tuition fee is £1,850 per year (or you may opt to pay modularly at £370 per module) excluding exam fees and registration fees (CIPS Registration fees are paid directly to CIPS). Direct Debit options may be available - contact us for information.
Objective Response exams are priced at £80 each and are payable to Blackburn College at enrolment (£400 in total) or you may opt to pay these separately approximately 2 months before the start of each module – please confirm upon enrolment how you wish to proceed in this regard.
This course is also available for Advanced Learner Loan funding. Details available at https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan/overview. The maximum value of the loan is £1,265 therefore an additional payment of £585 tuition + £400 exam fees (£985) is required to cover the remainder of our fees upon booking. This option is NOT available if you are paying for the course modularly or if your employer is funding the course.
- What will I study?
L3M1 Procurement and Supply Environments
- Know the different sectors of procurement and supply
- Understand types of pricing arrangements in commercial agreements
- Know the external environment and its impact on procurement and supply
- Understand procedures that regulate procurement and supply
L3M3 Contract Administration
- Explain administrative processes behind contract development
- Measure contract performance
- Identify how to achieve competitive pricing
- Describe how effective tendering is achieved
L4M4 Team Dynamics & Change
- Identify the influence that people and teams have on procurement & supply success
- Recognise the challenges associated with and methods to achieve organisational change
L3M5 Socially Responsible Procurement
- Explain the concepts and implications of sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Recognise the potential environmental impact of procurement and supply operations
L3M2 Ethical Procurement and Supply
- Identify the significance of ethics for procurement and supply
- Define each stage of the sourcing process
- Explain how operational performance can be measured and improved in support of value added operations
A detailed course content can be found at this link: http://www.cips.org/Qualifications/About-CIPS-Qualifications/Advanced-Certificate-in-Procurement-and-Supply-Operations/.
TRANSFER ARRANGEMENTS FROM 2013 – 2018 SYLLABUS: If you are a progressing/continuing student who has completed various units under the 2013 syllabus but you are unsure of the modules you require to complete your qualification under the new 2018 syllabus, use the Transfer Tool on the CIPS website at this link: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4619798/CIPS-Qualifications-2018-Your-Transfer-Information.
- Entry Requirements
You don't need any prior experience or qualifications to start your studies at this stage however we would recommend that students who have little or no procurement experience attend our Buying for Beginners introductory course as a pre-cursor.
- How will I be assessed?
Objective Response exams are priced at £80 each and are payable to Blackburn College at enrolment (£400 in total) or you may opt to pay these separately approximately 2 months before the start of each module – please confirm upon enrolment how you wish to proceed in this regard. These exams are usually 1.5 hours to 2 hours in duration and are usually 6 credits.
Once you have been awarded a place on the course, you will need to become a member of CIPS (fees payable directly to CIPS): https://www.cips.org/en-gb/membership/cips-membership/. Current cost approx. £187 (subject to change).
Text books are available in our library or alternatively can be purchased from the CIPS bookshop: http://www.cips.org/en/book-shop/CIPSProfexStudySets/
- What can I do next?
You can progress onto CIPS Level 4 Diploma in in Procurement & Supply once you have successfully completed your studies.
- For more information