AAT - Level 2 - Book Keeping Certificate
- Course Code: EC216
- Duration: 12 weeks x 4 hours
- Price: £625.00
- Times: 09:00-13:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping is a short qualification that gives you a thorough foundation in bookkeeping and basic accounting practices, including double-entry bookkeeping.
Who should study the AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping?
The AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping is suited to people who:
- Have a natural ability with numbers
- Are already working in finance and looking to back this up with a qualification
- Want to work in bookkeeping in commerce and industry or as an independent professional
- Run their own business and need to do their own bookkeeping
- What will I study?
Processing book keeping transactions
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions.
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences.
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes.
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book.
- Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book.
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance.
Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals.
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal.
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book.
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies.
- Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents.
- Entry Requirements
This course is open-access and therefore no prior learning is required. We would recommend that students purchase their own their own calculator.
If you have been declared bankrupt or have had an IVA at any time this may affect your eligibility for AAT membership, please contact the AAT for further clarification.
What's included in the course fee? College Registration, Tuition, Tutorials and Computer Based Assessments (first attempts). Please note that there is a charge for re-sit assessments of £50.00. Assessments can only be re-sat twice, after which students will not be permitted to re-sit, in order to re-sit the assessment, students must pay to re-take the module (details of module fees are available by contacting the College)
What's not included in the course fee? Workbooks, Pocket Notes and Computer Revision Kit as appropriate. We would recommend all students attending on AAT courses at Blackburn College purchase a full set of Workbooks as a minimum.
The estimated cost for these learning resources are up to:
- Level 2: £100
- Level 3: £125
- Level 4: £150
- Level 2 Book Keeping: £40
The course fees above also exclude AAT Registrations Fees and the AAT Annual Student Membership Fee, which students organise directly with the AAT. Continuing AAT students pay the Annual Student Membership fee only.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
After completing the AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping, you will have a thorough understanding of bookkeeping and basic accounting practices. Your progression would be onto our AAT Level 2 course. You'll receive exemptions from the AAT Accounting Qualification at Level 2 upon successful completion of this unit.
- For more information