ILM Level 5 - Award in Leadership & Management
- Course Code: EC220
- Duration: 4 weeks x 6 hours
- Price: £680.00
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: Institute of Leadership & Management
- Delivery Type: PT
The Level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management is designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers' diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues.
Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
- What will I study?
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following:
These courses will assist in career progression by enabling candidates to identify opportunities for management skill development. Many have used this qualification successfully to enhance their promotion prospects.
The qualifications are made up of a broad range of units covering skills in six core areas – working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results, and using resources.The flexibility in unit choice allows the qualification to be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and employer.
Programme A1 - Developing & leading teams to achieve organisational goals & objectives and managing stress and conflict in the organisation
Programme A2 – Managing improvement and making a financial case
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
All assessment methodologies are work-related and designed to provide individual development and direct organisational benefits.
- What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website
- For more information