ILM Level 5 - Making Professional Presentations
- Course Code: EC223D
- Duration: 6 hours
- Price: £225.00
- Start Date: 11-Dec-17
- Days: MON
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This ILM Level 5 Unit is designed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience and prepare for senior management responsibilities. The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers' diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues. Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development - this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
This course forms part of the full Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management.&
- What will I study?
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following: 1. Plan a professional presentation
- Relevance of objectives, audience and contexts in relation to presentations
- Understanding the level of knowledge and expectations of the audience
- Research, evaluation and logical grouping of valid and relevant information
- Difference between fact and opinion
- Options and constraints applicable to presentation such as time, duration, venue, equipment, language
- Use of standard computer software, such as Microsoft PowerPoint
- Non-IT visual aids for presentations such as OHTs, models, handouts
2. Deliver a professional presentation
- Presentation techniques
- Techniques for effective and flexible delivery
- Techniques for controlling and responding to questions
3. Evaluate own ability to make professional presentations
- Evaluation techniques (self and others)
- Performance improvement
How will the course be delivered?
Classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group.
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written Management Report.
- What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us. You may be interested in our full ILM Level 5 Diploma.
- For more information