ILM Level 5 - Managing Improvement
- Course Code: EC223F
- Duration: 6 hours
- Price: £245.00
- Start Date: 13-Jan-20
- Days: MON
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This ILM Level 5 Unit is designed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
- What will I study?
Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development – this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following:
- Understand the effectiveness of the organisation and own ability to manage and improve quality to meet customer requirements
- Quality and customers; quality assurance, quality control and quality auditing
- Quality systems such as BSI, ISO and IiP (benefits and accreditation)
- Total Quality Management
- Tools for maintaining quality, such as records and, where relevant to organisation, the use of statistics
- Conformance and development and practical steps to improve quality
- The costs of quality (positive and negative aspects)
- Concept of internal and external customers and their importance as the focus of the organisation’s activities
- Methods of identifying potential customers
- Methods of identifying customer requirements and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Benchmarking service standards
- Techniques of work and improvement planning to meet customer requirements, such as specifications and service standards, scheduling, and logistics
- Plan and implement projects to meet, and if possible exceed, customer requirements
- Scoping an improvement plan to identify and prioritise areas for improvement, define success criteria and set targets for improvement to meet customer requirements
Developing and implementing an improvement plan
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written Management Report
- What can I do next?
This course forms part of the full Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management. For more information about this qualification, please see our website or contact us.
- For more information