ILM Level 5 - Making a Financial Case
- Course Code: EC223G
- Duration: 2 weeks x 6 hours
- Price: £415.00
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: MULTI
- Delivery Type: PT
This ILM Level 5 Unit is designed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience and prepare for senior management responsibilities. The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers' diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues. Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development - this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
This course forms part of the full Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management.&
- What will I study?
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following:
1. Financial concepts used to inform management decisions
- Nature of revenue costs and capital expenditure
- Costs of products and services and costing techniques
- Break-even analysis
- Concept and application of marginal cost
- Concept and application of standard cost
- Allocating costs
- Relevant costs in decision-making
- Costing systems
- Techniques to reduce costs
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgetary Control and Variance Analysis
- Financial evaluation techniques such as Payback, IRR, DCF, NPV, ROCE, CBA
2. Be able to make a financial case to inform a management decision
- Factors in considering and recommending revenue expenditure, including make/buy and/or employ/subcontract decisions
- Effective methods to present financial information to support recommendations
How will the course be delivered?
Classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group.
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written management report.
- What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us. You may be interested in our ILM Level 5 Diploma
- For more information