ILM Level 5 - Managing Individual Development
- Course Code: EC223H
- Duration: 3 weeks x 6 hours
- Price: £460.00
- Start Date: 05-Mar-18
- Days: MON
- Times: 13:00-19:30
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
This ILM Level 5 Unit is designed for middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience and prepare for senior management responsibilities. The ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) recognises that all organisations are different; their qualifications are designed with the in-built flexibility to adapt to meet employers' diverse staff development needs. The unique unit-based qualifications structure gives employers the freedom to select from an array of optional units, to build programmes that deliver the specific skills and knowledge required from their colleagues.
Benefits for individuals
- Use core management techniques to drive better results
- Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
- Benchmark your managerial skills
- Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
- Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management, to foster business improvement
- Engage middle managers with training and development -& this qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
- Customise this qualification to your development needs.
This course forms part of the full Level 5 ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management.&
- What will I study?
By undertaking this unit, students will better understand the following:
1. Evaluate individual performance in an organisation
- Performance gap analysis
- Techniques for informal performance assessment and formal appraisal
- Methods of ensuring fair and objective assessment/appraisal
- Training needs analysis
- The role of training
- Links between quality, appraisal and training
2. Implement a personal development plan, for an individual in an organisation
- Range of training and development techniques activities, their strengths and weaknesses
- Learning styles and range/sources of learning opportunities
- Learning styles and techniques for designing appropriate, cost effective training to meet identified needs
- Reporting and recording performance assessment, including confidentiality
- Mechanisms to provide appropriate feedback and guidance to the individual
- Techniques for promoting responsibility for self-appraisal and development
- Career development strategies
- Mechanisms to prepare development plans, including resource implications and timescales
- Mentoring and the mentoring cycle, and other support techniques
- Coaching techniques, including evaluation and feedback
- Content and format of effective induction to meet organisational and individual needs
- Methods to monitor, evaluate and record individual development
- Relevant feedback techniques
- Methods to evaluate effectiveness of training
- Appropriate recording systems
How will the course be delivered?
Classroom based sessions alongside other members of the group.
- Entry Requirements
Candidates would normally have completed the ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership & Management and/or be employed in a managerial role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
Written management report.
- What can I do next?
See our other ILM courses available on our website or contact us. You may also be interested in our Level 5 Diploma
- For more information