CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership (RQF) (Accredited by CMI)
- Course Code: EC230
- Duration: 15 weeks x 3.5 hours
- Price: £950.00
- Times: 17:30-21:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
- Wednesday, 30 October 2019
This recently updated and innovative management development programme is aimed at existing or aspiring managers in any industry, business and/or public and voluntary sectors. It updates our popular Certificate in Management Studies Programme, which has run successfully at the College for over 30 years.
This qualification is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to middle management who are keen to develop key skills such as managing quality needs and resources, managing individual and team performance, updating recruitment and interviewing skills and procurement management.
The modules focus on a range of key management areas, which together provide the essential tools to enable learners to become effective managers. The participative and engaging class-based sessions provide a blend of theory and practical application, and allow learners to develop knowledge and skills that can be directly applied to their work.
If you’re determined to reach the top rung of the career ladder then this course, coupled with membership of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), is a must.
“By choosing to join CMI not only do you gain access to a wealth of management resources and support, our research shows positive impact on employability, earning potential and competence. Whether you're a member or studying member, you'll reap the rewards by aligning yourself with the only institute warranting the Royal Charter in management and leadership.”
- What will I study?
The programme focuses on a range of key management areas, which together provide the essential tools to enable learners to become effective managers. The participative and engaging class-based sessions provide a blend of theory and practical application, and allow students to develop knowledge and skills that can be directly applied to their work. The Certificate element incorporates the following:
- Introduction to Using Reflective Practice to inform Personal & Professional Development
- Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context
- Developing, managing and leading individuals and teams to achieve success
- Entry Requirements
- You do not need to have a formal qualification. Nevertheless, you will need to be able to demonstrate your enthusiasm and ability to undertake the course, from both an academic and personal perspective.
- The course requires considerable commitment and is appropriate if you want to take your management career further through formal study.
- You are expected to have a minimum of two years' relevant management experience
An informal (telephone or face to face) conversation with the course leader is advisable before booking onto the course
- How will I be assessed?
Attendance on the programme of at least 80% is essential alongside satisfactory completion of the equivalent of 3 x 3000 word assessments.
- What can I do next?
- For more information