ILM Level 3 - Award in Mentoring
- Course Code: EC239
- Duration: 10 weeks x 3 hours
- Price: £499.00
- Start Date:
- Days: WED
- Times: 18:00-21:00
- Validated by: Institute of Leadership & Management
- Delivery Type: PT
As the largest awarding body for leadership and management qualifications in the UK, the Institute of Leadership and Management is committed to developing managers at all levels. This qualification has been re-designed in a unit-based format, for the UK and European credit frameworks. What are the benefits for students attending this course?
- Learn about coaching and mentoring as powerful development tools
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an effective coach and mentor
- Explore different coaching and mentoring models
- Develop practical skills, tools and techniques to support these models
- Put your new skills into practice - carry out supervised coaching and mentoring sessions
- Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own mentoring ability
What are the benefits for employers?
- Implement coaching and mentoring in your organisation
- Benchmark your organisation's coaching and mentoring practice against nationally recognised standards
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation that means all managers are able and willing to coach and mentor others and support their professional development.
- What will I study?
This qualification is designed for junior managers seeking to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to coach and mentor people as part of their normal role. It's also the ideal starting point for a career in coaching and mentoring. The modules offer opportunities for class discussion and interaction with other course members. All assessment methodologies are work-related and designed to provide individual development and direct organisational benefits.
- Understanding Good Practice in Workplace Mentoring
- Undertaking an Extended Period of Mentoring in the Workplace
- Reflecting on Workplace Mentoring Skills
Each of the above units are mandatory. Students will also be expected to undertake 6 hours of coaching. These units form part of the ILM Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring - Level 3.
- Entry Requirements
There are no formal entry requirements but candidates should have an interest in starting a career in coaching and mentoring or need to use coaching and mentoring as part of their role. An informal discussion with the Programme Leader is recommended to ensure that the qualification meets individual needs.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 3 Award in Coaching
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring
- ILM Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management
See our website for our variety of courses on offer.
- For more information