- Course Code: EC252
- Duration: 6 weeks x 3 hours
- Validated by: City and Guilds
- Study mode: Part Time
- Price: £392.00
The ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management is designed to accredit aspiring and practicing middle managers with more than three years' experience who are operating at a more strategic level. The learning centres on greater insight into their role, development of resilience and the empowerment of the managers who report to them.
Why come to Blackburn College?
- Teacher trained and sector specific qualified tutors
- Purpose built facilities
- Small class sizes
- Renowned for providing an excellent student experience with an emphasis on pastoral care throughout
- Bespoke hand-outs to enhance learning
- Excellent library facilities
Benefits of undertaking an ILM Qualification:
- Customised qualifications adapted to your/your business needs
- Strong focus on application of knowledge in the workplace.
- Specialist online learning resources
- Filling in skills gaps across your organisation (or to enable you to apply for roles)
- Free studying membership with the Institute
- What will I study?
To achieve the Level 4 Certificate in Leadership & Management, the following modules will be studied:
Managing equality and diversity in own area
Become a diversity champion, and drive action-planning and decision-making, influence managers and staff at all levels across your organisation, appreciate and articulate the business case for diversity at work, gain a thorough understanding of current equality and diversity law, deal confidently with cases of workplace bullying, harassment or victimisation, communicate, monitor and assess E&D policies and practices effectively and build teams that are confident and competent in E&D best practice.
Developing your leadership styles
Understand what the outcome of leadership is and examine the importance of performance and engagement with followers in an organisation, assess own leadership styles by examining the six specific scales for leadership, understand the implications of own leadership styles for self and for leadership within own organisation and assess own leadership behaviour in terms of the three global factors which determine effective leadership.
Developing people in the workplace
Understand the importance of promoting personal development and assess the potential benefits to the organisation of developing individuals, assess the benefits to the individual of personal development and plan for an individual’s development, assess how to manage an individual’s expectations in respect to personal development and evaluate development vehicles in the organisation appropriate to the development needs of the individual. Thereafter develop a plan to meet the identified development needs of an individual
Leading Lancashire Funding (available for units finishing by 31st May 2022):
To be eligible for the funding you need to be:
- Aged 16 or over
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Work for a Lancashire based SME. ‘Lancashire’ means based in a Lancashire County Council, Blackburn with Darwen or Blackpool postcode area. An SME (Small, Medium Enterprise) is an enterprise with less than 250 employees and a turnover of less than 50m euro’s
Please note that the tuition for these courses will be fully funded but students will be expected to pay their own Registration Fees, Book fees & Membership fees (where applicable). Fees are specific to each course and can be confirmed on application. Fees range between £100 & £750 depending on course(s) chosen.
If you’d be interested in attending the course by this funding method, we’d need the following information, per person: Name, home address, email address, mobile number, age, company name & address: and Company Registration Number (if you have one), we’ll then assess eligibility and we can move forward from there.
- Entry Requirements
To attend this course, candidates should have studied level 3 leadership and management or equivalent qualifications and have relevant work experience.
- How will I be assessed?
- What can I do next?
- For more information