CILEx - Level 3 - Conveyancing & Land Law (Special Offer Price)
- Course Code: EC263
- Duration: 23 weeks x 4 hours
- Price: £799.00
- Times: 09:00-11:00
- Validated by: NONE
- Delivery Type: PT
By booking onto this package attendees will study Land Law and Conveyancing and attain 14 credits from CILEx.
- What will I study?
The learner will understand key concepts, terms and processes in the area of Land Law. The module provides the relevant underpinning knowledge and understanding towards units of the Legal Advice standards. By the end of the land law module attendees will understand:
- What is meant by 'Land'
- What will be purchased in a Land transaction
- The distinction between registered and unregistered land
- The way in which the registered land system works
- How land can be held by more than one person
- The nature and effect of an easement
- The restrictions and obligations imposed on land ownership by covenants
- The nature and effect of a mortgage
Learners will also study conveyancing and will understand key concepts, terms and processes in the area of Conveyancing including:
- The meaning of the term 'conveyancing'
- How to take standard instructions on a sale and purchase
- The requirements of a Contract for Sale
- How to make pre-contract searches
- How to make pre-contract enquiries
- How to investigate title
- How to act for a mortgage lender (new mortgage)
- How to act for a mortgage lender (redemption)
- How to exchange contracts
- How to complete a transaction
- The work required post-completion to perfect the buyer's title
Once you have been awarded a place, you will, in due course, need to complete the CILEx Registration Membership document and this can be found at: http://www.cilex.org.uk/membership/apply_online. Thereafter you will need to register for your exams: http://www.cilex.org.uk/study/information_for_students/exams/exam_registration.
CILEx Manuals can be purchased here: http://www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk/prospective_students/qualify_as_legal_executive/course_manuals - we would advise new students to purchase books before the start of the course
- Entry Requirements
You should hold a minimum of four GCSE grades C or above including English Language or Literature or qualifications at an equivalent level. If you do not have any formal qualifications we strongly recommend that you speak to a course leader before booking onto this course.
- What can I do next?
You may wish to consider the CILEx Professional Diploma in Law and Practice (Level 3) or our other level 3 stand alone unit:
- For more information